2.11.08

Silly girls

Just to show my views on the media span more than one station:

Ch 4 Snowmail - 'ALLO 'ALLO!

And another radio phone joke makes the headlines. Though the ease with which Sarah Palin fell for the dodgy accent and seal-hunting enthusiasm of the Canadian presenter, who rang her up pretending to be Nicholas Sarkozy, suggests the real scandal may be her credulity.

Remind me; which other intellectual giants have had our faith in their credulity tested closer to home, especially by one Mr. Bremner?

I know two idiots don't make a sage, but I rather suspect a more forgiving stance was taken. Maybe it's another boys' thing?

Telegraph - Sarah Palin gets pranked by Canadian radio station -

Remind me; which other intellectual giants have had our faith in their credulity tested closer to home, especially by one Mr. Bremner? A fact that seems to have passed the BBC and SKY by today, at least.

I know two idiots don't make a sage, but I rather suspect a more forgiving stance was taken then. Maybe it's another boys' thing? Though as it was mainly Mrs. Beckett who got nailed perhaps it was her party affiliation that saved her, and the fact they were/are in power.

As you say, purely on what I heard of what did happen, she came out of it well, but what major political players are doing being handed phone calls (I suspect she does not pick up the phone and answer 'aspiring VP to the world's most powerful country') without someone punching 1471 is a worry.

ps: interesting word that... 'prank'. Where have I heard that used again recently? It must be pretty high on the list of descriptive nouns for something rather dire, depending on your moral equivalence balance. Actually if it had been applied in the same way by our finest comedic talents... to Mrs. Palin... I suspect the commentariat would have been more forgiving... for some reason. Maybe it's not what you say that matters; it's more how the chatterati rates who it is said about. Like issues vs. personalities, I guess.

Order-order - caption competition -

Gaurdian - Joke on Palin again as she falls for fake Sarkozy call

So, what's it like to get paid a lot to do sod all?

(Can be said by either)

No comments: