21.11.08

Funny, that

I actually find his humour very sharp, and funny, post watershed.

Frankie Boyle: 'In comedy, there's no line that you cannot cross'

However I do feel certain views that have been spun around this and other liberal-sensitive issues are worth viewing in context of this:

'...before I am ushered in to meet Boyle, his PR minder sits me down and insists that I don't bring up the Brand/Ross affair in the interview. In other words, we should not talk about what everybody in the country is talking about.

What makes this attempt to censor our conversation particularly bizarre is that Boyle's whole career is built on a reputation for saying the unsayable, for pushing the boundaries of humour.'

I guess there is a certain irony on no holds barred people having people who bar holds on their behalf. It seems some might be freer to offend than others.

No comments: