24.10.08

One I may have missed

Irish voters were led astray, says European Commissioner

The politics of erosion.

Sad to say, yet another example of self-appointed 'them' deciding 'we' are too dumb to be trusted with a free vote, and seeing nothing remotely odd about saying so, is almost becoming so commonplace as to wash over one.

As a matter of interest, is there a mechanism to get such a person out still? If so, I also ask, rhetorically, without a massive wadge of wonga to compensate for trampling over hard-fought freedoms with barely a thought?

It got a reply.... I have answered

Dear Mr. G (hope I have spelled your name correctly)

Without knowing, along with who I support, or not, how you think I might count myself is your own affair, though it does rather confirm my view that there are some who like to put themselves, and others, in little boxes. It's a mentality I see a lot, especially amongst those who like ticking them for a living.

As to how smart I am, I tend to favour those espousing the politics of positive persuasion to get folk on side, rather than threat or insult.

You might like to try it some time. It may even reflect well upon you and your argument.

No comments: