24.9.08

Mee-iow

I tend not to refer to other scribes (professional courtesy? Cowardice? Mirror-phobia?), however the new breed of single-minded ticks employed by all the so-called 'quality dailies' to rabble rouse on a single issue is getting under my skin.

Tittle-tattle is OK in moderation, but witch hunts are counter-productive. And sharing gossip dressed as something more in the hope of it sticking an affront to intelligence.

Trying to avoid a troublesome priest moment, I would wish them un-employed, and those who hired them to subject upon the news-reading public to apologise for ever having down so.

Gossip, gossip, gossip...

Better post. Someone has to or I guess you may not get paid.

Here's how the story was 'billed':

'Dave Hill's London blog

Gossip, gossip, gossip...

Sep 23 2008: Ignoring journalists' questions about Mayor Johnson's team only makes them gossip more'

I think I can see the problem here. You have accidently mis-used the word 'journalist', you see. May explain a lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh, you trod on some mighty toes there. And even got (provoked) a reply....

Emma said...

Probably shouldn't have done it.

Too late now.

Interesting that leaping to his defence, so far, is... him!

I guess the spelling is a Grauniad thing.

Still credit for being light-hearted, though I still would wish that, even though it is 'billed' as the LondonBlog, it would try and be a tad more balanced/less partisan (OK, it's the Granuidad, but they have a guy on Palin-duty, too) and roam a tad further than City Hall (not that our Boris doesn't supply a steady stream of material, I'm sure) a bit more often.

As he did suggest it was a wind-up, having a snark (albeit lightly) about returning calls didn't even make much sense. Why would they? Did Tony Blair's crew ever issue a baldn reply about whether he stood in custard singing? I think not.

Still, I think an undignified retreat may be in order. Escalation is suggested whatever I reply and getting banned or hunted down is not productive really.

I've seen what he can do (well, with the paper behind him) and getting labelled a Tory Troll or somesuch will just ruffle my feathers.