8.9.08

Aunty's sticky fingers

Rivals want limits set on Worldwide arm of BBC

I've kind of lost track of what about the BBC is public and what is commercial, but it does strike me that I am being forced to pay for an entity that uses my money to compete unfairly (using an unaccountable, bottomless pit of money) with me and my business interests, and employs folk (one R. Brand as a latest example) who seem able to push a political agenda - with the background of a major national news medium association - which may not best represent my views and/or wishes, and help my interests.

At least with the latter this will probably backfire as did the last attempt to impose UK media elite visions of what is 'right' by being from a total numptie. More pernicious is the drip, drip from reporting and editorial that long since gave up on accuracy or objectivity.

But when they don't need to operate to any rules or standards (even their own), and can flaunt anything they feel like without fear of censure or penalty in what is in theory their actual area of business, is it any wonder they are untroubled by any consequences of throwing their bottomless pot of public-provided dough around without any of the concerns others in the real commercial world have to bear in mind.

BBC - Review of TV licence fee tactics - Maybe they could call it a 'non-refundable, non-paying investment levy'?

Gaurdian - NEW - Should the BBC be curbed?

No comments: