11.9.08

I'm in the wrong job

Footballer, football coach, or football pundit. Now those are the nifty numbers.

I pondered this today as I watched the 'news', which included a segment on the British team not messing up last night.

Now I don't follow football much, if at all, but it's hard to miss a few key facts.

Footballers make a lot of money whatever happens. They are only required to run about doing what they enjoy, and do well, and sometimes expected to string a sentence together every so often that sounds like a new twist on 'I ran about an popped the ball into the other guys' goal. They failed to stop me and my side stopped them doing anything my end'. That's about it.

Pundits seem to get paid also as much for likewise stating the same bleeding obvious, but for much longer.

Managers don't have it so good. But I am prepared to swallow a few mill for getting away with a few years of being around when sometimes the team works, and sometimes doesn't.

Shame few within the system have the wit to see that, or maybe have more than enough to figure it better not be stated or a lot of folk are out of a job. So... UK sucks in Andorra: bad. UK does OK next time: good. Heroes become villains and vice versa. And still the round thing goes, or does not, in the netty things.

And so long as I don't have to pay for it all, fine.

No comments: