16.9.08

Living la vida London... in the media... on £1

Inspired by a lady not in London, but now with a book, I noted this:

Cheap thrills: Can you live on a pound a day?

Whilst often entertaining, and possibly in part educational, I seldom find these things very realistic, not that this worries a media desperate for 'stories'.

Can't put it better than these posters:

"No you can't live in a pound a day. You can live on a pound a day for a few days as long as you know after that you will be living on several hundred pounds a day."

"£1 a day?? Very apt for the paper to run this article a day after they put the cover price up by 25%, from 80p to.... you guessed it, a £1! I'll try and see if the Independent can provide me with all the essentials I need for the day."*

Another 'challenge', much like many I see in the eco-field, that only work because of their finite nature, ignoring creating genuine realities, and I wonder how insiprational for being dropped like hot potatoes once over and the media round begins.

*I might add, rather suicidedly in a monetary sense, that my online experience has not been affected, remaining, for now... free.


No comments: