28.9.08

I cannot tell a lie... it was my grandad wot dun it!

If Britain is a broken society, it's the Tories what broke it

Whilst snappy and a fairish rallying cry, I tend to agree that this is one call Mr. Cameron should have thought about more carefully before adopting from the Labour Party's most supportive newspaper (last archive 'ownership' I heard about, but maybe now with an earlier incarnation). It's hard these days to do anything without some media luvvie trimming context away to suit and gunning for a career-enhancing retort or, worse, fudge.

However, as defences of this Government of over a decade goes, I'd have to say anything that harks back that far is grasping. Maybe a crack was popped in; I can't recall. But the incumbents dropping the thing every year repeatedly on a annual, if not monthly basis thereafter is of more concern to me right now, and for the future, than anything any possible alternative's ancestors may have got up to.

Indy - NEW - Cameron retreats from his claim that Britain has a 'broken' society , as lobbed in, 'When did you last stop beating your wife' style, by...

No comments: