18.5.08

The story, the less than complete story, and nothing like the story...

Another BBC gem. : Diane Abbott on Desert Island Discs

I must say that, for a mere review of a light entertainment show, it rather caused my eyebrow to crank at all it inferred.

'Should the BBC have surrendered editorial control in this way? It is paid for by us, not the castaways. If the whole programme is at stake, perhaps so, but should not listeners be told about it?'

I am beginning to seriously wonder what exactly is going on with what we do or do not get told about, with what we most certainly do still have to pay for.

I guess it could have been worse. Imagine if money, AND Robbie Williams was involved. Of course, has I phrased that 'money OR Robbie Williams', no imagination would be required.

No comments: