4.5.09

Their lips are moving

I think 'we' could do with 'them' getting a reality check...

This shambolic blame game is set to pull Labour apart


'Let's start with one curious and well-made point from Alan Johnson today. He observed that when it came to the big issues, Gordon Brown's government hadn't done so badly.'

A few have already cranked an eyebrow at that one, as much for the person who tried to make it stick as the one trying to stop in sliding down the wall.

There does seem to be an interesting breed of clearly delusional Emperors with New Clothes and sycophantic fashion critics in the politico-media establishment these days, operating on a 'Not My Fawltyesque' 'I think I may have got away with it' by dint of only listening to those who tell them what they want to hear.

Watching Mr. Marr amble along with Mr. Johnson yesterday, and Steven Pound just now on SKY, with both trying to tell us what Hazel meant when she said 'YouTurn if you want to' was really highly supportive, was worth it indeed.

But I really am getting a tad tested with certain folk from this same discredited cabal telling me what I think and am really concerned with, when... they haven't a clue.

Indy - NEW - It's almost heartbreaking – these people are so clueless - Not a usual hat-tip, but this one is tellingly spot on.

It is a source of some irritation to me that in my county Old/Nu/Whatever hue Lab doesn't even bother putting up a candidate. Because, whatever else I do in the election, I want the whole sorry crew to know what I think of them.

And I want it to be so crushing, so humiliating, that even the promise of dodgy pay systems and unwarranted pensions and unethical non-exec directorships won't be enough to make it worth it in compo.

But also so that whichever of the remaining venal bunch that I get presented with as alternatives grasp that my 'mandate' is a precious thing, and I am getting a tad tetchy with it being totally abused by dishonest incompetents, much less idiotically claimed as such from a poor % of an even poorer turn out.

No comments: