15.5.09

Speaking of 'Not getting it'

Ann Widdecombe: Who else was going to cut my lawn? The cat?

I have two homes.

One for my immediate family.

The other, nearby, for my Mother, who has dementia, and for whom I also care (as she has more than £20k 'saved', sod all interest, or help, from anyone, save the attendance allowance, which goes on the ladies who help with bathing, etc, daily).

I have a full time job. Self-employed, home-working, 6am 'til 7 on average.

I also cut my own grass in my spare time, and that of my Mum's cottage.

Labour has damned themselves many times over already in my eyes. You, Madam, have just done the same for the Conservatives with this ill-conceived effort.

That's three adults come June, and whenever the General Election is called.

I'd the day job is looking iffy. And if the performance on HIGNFY was any measure, that's a non-starter.

Hope you have a Plan C.

Addendum:

A few more 'explanations' and 'we could be hurting the country exposing its leaders foibles' 'scares' are still getting trotted out.

If you are an honest, hard-working MP, then in all this you have nothing to fear and all to gain (though being part of a 'party interest first' system ruled by whips rather than constituent wishes will rather hinder you).

Otherwise being ignorant, especially of the law... IS NO BLOOMING EXCUSE!

I intend to revisit 'The Fugitive', especially when the 'hero' is confronted at the dam outlet and makes his case.

These troughers are anything but innocent, so it is all the more delicious to savour the reply of implacable law: 'I DON'T CARE'. The next bit is fun in context, too.

No comments: