18.6.08

It wasn't me said it; it was Harvey

As a consequence of a series of blog posts that at first didn't make much sense, I have ended up at an explanation, namely an interesting journalistic technique.

Basically, if you want to say something but don't want to be held responsible for it, you create 'a character'.

Letter to the governor

Quite cute (agree with much), but a little ethically dubious.. and a tad morally corrupt?

And dangerous when it gets mis-reported elsewhere. That of course, is mainly down to those who chose to share only part of the story, but having got to the source I do question the wisdom of the notion or the objectivity is suggests beneath the surface.

Of course support for any agenda can be found, and shared, serving whatever messages one wishes, but at least by being a real person you can attribute some opinion to fact.

This is of course not my view, but those of my friend Harvey here. So I think I might use this again.

No comments: