23.1.09

It has emerged... or it will if it suits us...

A blogger alerts me to an oddity, and asks...

'Why does the BBC page on Dawn Butler's letter from Barack Obama show the version of the letter without the House of Commons portcullis? Could someone ask the BBC to explain why..'.

I'm not from the BBC of course, but there could be a few reasons...

1) It is part of an 'emerging truth', with the bit that might not help with the truth not quite emerging as much as it might... yet. (I must get the leader of the free world to slap his John Hancock and a piece of paper I have to hand... he seems a trusting sort, and I have some prime swamp land in Florida. Just hope those tinkers at the CIA don't think up a similar wheeze to get him to OK something he shouldn't...)

2) Susan Watts and the Newsnight crew have been sharing their expertise on 'rejigging' anything with Pres. Obama associated with it to suit the narrative.

3) This is an 'event' that need 'interpreting', and that bit at the top may just have confused a few simple folk in to asking what the heck was going on, not to mention in the tiny minds of all the protagonists.

But I 'm sure someone from the BBC will be better placed to clarify.

Oh, this just in, Jeremy has called to say his man on the pulse in Gaza says his brother heard his cousin say it's all kosher... but then the line went dead for some reason. Possibly along with the cousin.

Aunty, you are becoming a bad joke, like most of mine here. Trouble is, I am not laughing to the tune of £139.50pa, and Mr. Ross tonight is unlikely to improve my mood.

Telegraph - BBC in more trouble over edited pieces

BBBC - I was interested in the link to Dowdification:

The omission of a word or a phrase in order to reframe a quote and alter its meaning.
This is usually done to help an author portray a particular viewpoint and is very common amongst weblogs.

The term is named after the New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd.

Times - Did Barack Obama really write about Labour MP Dawn Butler?

2 comments:

Frit said...

Why on earth do I get the following censorship thing about your site having unpleasant content when I click the link to your homepage:

Inhaltswarnung
Das Blog, das Sie anzeigen möchten, enthält möglicherweise Inhalte, die nicht jugendfrei sind. Im Allgemeinen überprüft Google weder Blog-Inhalte, noch heißen wir die Inhalte dieses oder anderer Blogs gut. Weitere Informationen über unsere Inhaltsrichtlinien finden Sie in den Nutzungsbedingungen von Blogger.

Did you know about it?

Emma said...

My German is not too up to scratch, but it looks like a version of:

Content Warning

The blog that you are about to view may contain content only suitable for adults. In general, Google does not review nor do we endorse the content of this or any blog. For more information about our content policies, please visit the Blogger

Terms of Service

I understand and I wish to continue
I do not wish to continue


In which case yes, I do know about it.

It's actually a host site option which I have engaged.

Not so much cesnorship as nothing is censored; more backside covering so no one can claim to be offended by what they have sought out.

Though I don't think I personally get to rude or 'unpleasant', and will not bee too tolerant of any comments on my blog that cross my line, I often link to sites that can be quite 'ripe'.

Hence I did pop this in to warn any sensitive souls who may enter that all might not be sweetness and light.

Hope that answers your question.