8.8.08

Aunty's Marbles

I am watching BBC Breakfast on my PC PiP TV monitor as I type.

First up, a commercial for edf energy as the weather lady reports from a hot air balloon where their logo has been draped over the basket. And for some reason they seem to think it makes outdoor broadcasts more fun if you can't hear a word anyone is saying.

Then about the longest slot I have seen in an age, featuring Michael White of the Guardian, about the critical issue of our PM's possible Pilates regime. Which will, apparently, make him even fitter to command.

And then Evan Davis, who I thought was something to do with economics, 'finding out' about hitchhiking. The theory seems to be that, as a fairly recognisable TV person, he will reproduce what a normal person will experience, thumb out, on the road. Oh, with a producer, camera and sound person. And doubtless big BBC signs. As you do. I am amazed the way such 'reports' and 'shows' all have some wide-eyed numptie trotting out 'and it was amazing how the whole village turned out'. Well D'Uh.

And now a piece, for no reason I can figure, on how lovely it is being rich enough to buy dirty great big yachts.

Maybe actual news is tricky as most of them are in Beijing, um, reporting.

Gaurdian - Why TV news in the US is utter rubbish - The mind boggles

No comments: