6.8.08

And what's more, it counts...

Over on Junkk Male RE:view, I am currently having trouble figuring out why I keep get served a rather limited number of folk as talking heads on various news issues.

This posting, on a PR/press blog I inhabit, may help answer:

Has anyone on the list ever paid to have themselves/ a client featured
as an Opinion Former on Politics.co.uk

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated - I'm considering putting a
client on there but not sure if it's worthwhile. There seem to be quite
a few high profile organisations on there.

As is my wont, I was moved to enquire:

I am sure I am woefully naive, but what is the value of being on something if it is known that the way you become an 'opinion former' (as opposed to a source of (possibly expert) opinion, which seems different) is merely to have paid enough for it?

Mind you, I am not sure the standards applied to most other talking heads featured in most other political media are that much more objective or professionally derived.

No comments: