10.6.09

Something is sick

Time to stop the NHS shroud waving

My Mum is now recovering in hospital after a week of a series of medical types coming along, prodding her in the tummy and deciding the best and only course was to up her antibiotics another 100mg at each visit.

She's only in there because, when I suggested the cause be found out in hospital, the last one started muttering about how he couldn't 'justify' something to some other bunch 'who'd be asking him tricky questions', and promptly found himself alone with her and on the wrong end of the house keys that I tossed him. I did go back 5 minutes later to apologise, but then the ambulance arrived not too long after that.

I don't envy this whole sorry crew the problems they face, but when they force medical professionals to try and weigh care vs. box-ticking and money-grubbing, they risk a backlash like mine, writ large.

I got a result, but I don't like what I had to do to get it. And won't forget.

No comments: