8.6.09

It seems I am misguided

I read recently a good point.

A Labour MP was bemoaning that they were no longer deemed fit to rule.

A poster advised that, actually, they were really only keen on being represented.

Not something I also sense has sunk into the brains of our national broadcaster and too many employees too busy talking to actually listen, much less hear.

Fewer votes for BNP

As a voter, I am getting a teensie bit ticked off some trying, and others letting them 'explain' how 'we' either got it wrong, didn't understand or, in final desperation, were only 'sending a message' about the least awful aspects of the Government's litany of disasters for them to learn from.

Yes, I was, am and will remain less than impressed with the expenses scandal. And yes, though I can easily check what my MP has done and respond accordingly, there was an element of rather thinking the clowns in currently charge of the whole rotten, and decaying from the head system, should cop more blame than most.

Not helped by the shooting each other in the foot procession with the ongoing Titanic clay pigeon meet.

Or rigged rallies with bussed in audiences given full 'news' treatment.

Or a succession of self-interested, deluded troughers just trying to keep going long enough to enjoy that, last, wafer thin mint of a bonus payoff for dragging the country to the abyss in getting booted out rather than walking. Not like it makes CVs suffer much anyway. I wonder if Siralun will be reassessing his hiring policies: 'Screwed up and kicked out, eh? Come on down!'. I though you bought low and sold high. Not get bought and sell out.

And as we're on matters Pythoneseque... I have heard the dead parrot sketch used a lot. I am thinking the Black Knight from the Holy Grail, down to arm and leg stumps gushing.. 'It's just a nick.. a flesh wound. The people wouldn't thank me for not getting on with the job...'.

Oddly, a set of views trotted out by some still, and without much counter from those you might have thought had a smidge of professional pride left, but who also seem to see their fortunes tied to one last roll of the dice in case two sevens come face up.

If Gordon is the answer, I dread to think what the question is. Or why it seems to be the only one asked by too many in certain media.

PM's worst nightmare has become reality

I'd say the BNP are best damned by their own words and deeds, and given the full glare of public scrutiny without being managed by the media, um, elite, who seem to think they know what's better for 'us'.

Though true, this latter 'narrative enhancing' aspect has not perhaps worked so well for others as intended, any more than it worked against the BNP.

Maybe the public are smart enough to see, hear and experience things for themselves, find they don't fancy being steered so cack-handedly very much, and respond in a time-honoured, democratic fashion.

While they still can. Looking at the new, make that ever-evolving cabinet, 'being voted for is just so last year'.

Meanwhile I continue to watch the latest episode of the Media's Holy Grail, with ever more airtime accorded Gordon the Black Knight and his minions...: 'it's just a flesh wound.... you wouldn't forgive me for not continuing to fight.... and then getting back to the job a public [there is one left in the North East I think] is telling me they want me to do'.

Me, I was not best impressed with the expenses to be sure, but actually weighed a few other things up at the same time. And being told I didn't know my own mind, was wrong or was just being angry has rather confirmed what I thought and hardened my resolve.

That the intention, was it?

No comments: