25.7.08

Three monkeys

It's a growing list, but to add to such as 'lessons must be learned' I must now add 'I am getting on with the job' as amongst the most self-serving and facile statements I have ever heard from a politician with their head stuck so far somewhere they can almost see where the are speaking from.

Especially when accompanied by the delusional presumption of linking 'People know the current situation... ' (I do, pal, every rotten moment I see what I have left to pay with, and what I am expected to pay for with it) '... and want me to get on with the job' (must have missed the memo and, if I had, might have had another view on how the job gets done or by whom).

This is my country. I live in it, work in it and am rearing my kids to live long, happy and productive lives in it too. And while it may represent a perverse, suicidal moment of 'told you so' to hold on two years to see this clown and his cronies humiliated on full package and pensions, I'd really rather that right now every single thing was not f*cked up almost as soon as it has been generated, committed, spun and mis-handled.

Trouble is, what's the sodding alternative?

Guardian - Can Labour make itself electable now?

Order Order - Interesting level of support from the well-paid front-persons on the national news service

Telegraph - The party's over for Labour under Gordon Brown

Telegraph - Is Gordon Brown really the best we've got?

Times - Weakened Gordon Brown gives in to union demands

Or, putting it another way....

BBC - Labour rejects union strike calls

Guardian - When Gordon's luck ran out - ably supported by...

YouTube - Gordon Brown's Downfall - Glasgow Election - Oh, dear

Guardian - How to regain popularity: windfall taxes or surcharge on banks? - I still cannot post for some reason, but this person has said all that needs to be said:

Why do they have to regain popularity, Michael? Would it not be best that they do the best thing for the country. It seems to me that all you New Stasi apologists can come up with is "what is good for Labour?" - NOT - "How we can stop destroying the country?"

No comments: